vMax View Tutorial 09: Using Archive Wizard
In this tutorial:
This tutorial illustrates how to archive video clips in several formats with the vMax View Archive Wizard tool.
- Archiving video files
- Selecting privacy zones
- Using archive wizard
- Opening and validating video archives
- Viewing archived video files
Archive Wizard is a vMax View tool that gives users the option to export a selected video clip to four different formats:
- Seon File Format – Proprietary file format suitable for evidence. It needs vMax View to be played.
- Basic (.wmv) – Windows Media Video file format playable on any windows PC without downloading any codecs.
- Advanced (.avi) – Audio Video Interleaved file format that might require additional codecs in some PCs.
- Seon Self Playing Format (.exe) – Proprietary file format playable on any external players with no extra codecs.
Opening Archive Wizard
To launch Archive Wizard:
- Select the Start and End Time of the clip to be archived by using the playback controls and the Start and End icons as explained in the vMax View Tutorial 07: Archiving Video Files.
- Select the camera views to be included in the clip. For multiple views, select a first camera view by clicking on it and then press and hold Ctrl and, simultaneously, click on any additional views.
- Click File and then Archive Wizard in the top toolbar.
NOTE: Archive Validation
- The validation feature is not supported for video recorded on TH or NX series.
- Archive Archive video created in vMax View 4.2.0 and up or downloaded from a DVR by vMax Commander v5.7 and up is checked for validity whenever users create an archive. When the video is validated, it can be archived. However, if the video is corrupted or modified, it can be archived but that archive cannot be validated.
- If the video is corrupted or modified, it can be archived but that archive cannot be validated. See Validating an Existing Video Archive in the vMax View Tutorial 10: Opening and Validating Video Archives.
Using Archive Wizard
- Review the viewing option descriptions and, depending on your requirements, select from Seon File Format, Basic (.wmv), Advanced (.avi) or Seon Self Playing Format (.exe).
- If you select Basic (Windows Media Video .wmv) or Advanced (Audio Video Interleaved .avi) file formats, Archive Wizard will display a File Size window to allow for video quality selection. Choose what is appropriate and click Next.
If you select Seon File Format or Seon Self Playing Format (.exe), File Size is not available and Archive Wizard won’t display this menu. In this case, the Archive Options window will open.
- The Archive Options menu appears. If you previously selected Basic (Windows Media Video .wmv) or Advanced (Audio Video Interleaved .avi) file formats, you can:
- Enter a File Name for the archive and select the preferred location in the drop-down menu.
- Check off Enable Overlay to allow telemetry information in the archive. You can also choose Text Colour in the corresponding drop-down menu.
- Check off Archive with Audio to enable audio in the archive.
- Check off Enable Privacy Zones to create blurred areas in the video where required. To review this topic see the vMax View Tutorial 08: Selecting Privacy Zones.
Once finished, click Next.
If you selected Seon File Format or Seon Self Playing Format (.exe), these options will be visible but not active. Archive Wizard will display the same menu but will only allow File Name and Location selection. In this case, enter a File Name, select Archive Location and click Next. You’ll be taken to the summary window.
- When the Summary window appears, click Finish.
- A progress bar is displayed. When the process completes, the archive is ready for viewing, but remember that different archive formats have different viewing requirements.
NOTE: Archive Fail
- If the progress indicator stops for more than five minutes, the computer’s disk may be full, or the video conversion may have failed. Click Cancel to stop archiving.